The 457(b) Plan is a voluntary plan available to:
- Full-time or part-time regular employees of the County;
- Full-time or part-time employees of any Special District governed by the County of San Bernardino Board of Supervisors;
- Elected officials of the County or any Special District governed by the County of San Bernardino Board of Supervisors;
- Full-time or part-time regular employees of the Superior Court of the County of San Bernardino; or
- Employees of the County who are expressly permitted to participate in the Plan.
Any eligible employee may elect to participate in the Plan and defer a portion of future compensation. To participate, you must agree to defer a minimum of $10 per pay period.
There are no minimum age or service requirements.
Based on the Plan and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requirements, the earliest date your agreement to defer can be effective is the first pay period of the month following the date you complete the agreement. You can specify a later date if you choose.
Once you’ve enrolled, your contributions will start one or two pay periods into the month following the month you complete the enrollment process.
Budgeting Tool - Find new ways to save for retirement with this handy budgeting tool.
How to Enroll
You can enroll two ways in the Plan. Before enrolling, be prepared to provide the following:
- The amount or percentage of pay that you wish to contribute to the Plan. The calculators on the My Learning Center portion of this web site can help you calculate the impact of different contribution levels on your take-home pay. The local Voya office in Redlands, CA can provide additional help in selecting a contribution rate.
- The name of each person you wish to designate as your beneficiary. You may submit up to 10 beneficiaries when you enroll online. If you have more than 10 beneficiaries, we suggest that you contact us for additional assistance at (909) 748-6468 or toll-free at (800) 452-5842.
- Meet with your local Voya™ representative*. Review your personal situation and complete a Participation Agreement to specify your deferral amount and designate a beneficiary. You will also fill out an Enrollment Form to select your investments.
- Complete the easy online enrollment process. While enrolling online, you will need to agree to online delivery of certain documents, including the “Participant Information Booklet,” investment fact sheets, and other documents we are required to provide at enrollment. If you would prefer to review a hard copy of these materials, please call our local office at (909) 748-6468 or toll-free at (800) 452-5842, prior to enrollment.
Note: If you currently have an account under the Plan but are not contributing, you do not need to re-enroll in the Plan. To restart your contributions, log into your account or call Customer Service at (800) 584-6001.
Not FDIC/NCUA/NCUSIF Insured | Not a Deposit of a Bank/Credit Union | May Lose Value | Not Bank/Credit Union Guaranteed | Not Insured by Any Federal Government Agency
Insurance products issued by Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company, One Orange Way, Windsor, CT 06095-4774. Securities are distributed by Voya Financial Partners LLC (member SIPC). Custodial account agreements or trust agreements are provided by Voya Institutional Trust Company. Insurance obligations are the responsibility of each individual company. All companies are members of the Voya® family of companies. Securities may also be distributed through other broker-dealers with which Voya has selling agreements. Product and services may not be available in all states.
Ready to Enroll? Get started today!